Monday, August 6, 2012

Smile through the fear

So, if you're a friend of mine of facebook, then you now that I still don't know a thing about Rhenner's tumor on his leg...except that it is some kind of rare bone tumor.  This chills me...the fear of the not knowing is so hard not to think about...yet I try...not well, but I do try! 

If you are local, then you know that the county fair starts today...do I happen to know two little munckins that are urber excited about this??  Why, yes I most certainly do!  It's been a constant question at the house today, 'Mom, what time is it?  Is it time to go to the fair yet?'  Normally I'm all geared up for it too...this year not so much really...oh, I want the kids to have fun, but the stress of Rhen doing something to his leg, even the slightest little twist could play havoc on a bone that is already weak and suffering from whatever that tumor consists of!  But, I will smile through my fear because in my heart of hearts I believe that if something was meant to happen, then it would regardless of where we were at and what we were doing!  So, at the advice of Dr. Paul, Rhen will wear his boot cast to try to help keep that little leg of his from doing the unthinkable!  He's not super happy about this, but he knows it has to be done, so we'll do it with the same gusto that we've done everything else with...and our smiles, of course.

I have often been asked how I do what I do when it comes to everything that our family has been through...I so wish I had an answer, THE answer, but I do not.  We can be falling apart inside, but we don't show that to too many...it's all our smiling that keeps us glued together!  So, when you see our smiles, it doesn't mean that we aren't worried to death about one thing or the other, it's just our way of handling a situation that we have no control over...we smile through the fear!

I hope to take tons of pictures of those two little munckins that can't wait to get to the fair...and, yes, I will share the smiles...these ones will be of pure, youthful innocence!! 

Until next time...Peace, <3 and ~HUGS~!!

P.S.  Here's those two muchkins from last year...*S* 

5 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie I keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers <3 If you ever need me just let me know. I didn't know you had a blog. I loved mine more when it was just a personal one, now its work ;) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids no longer get excited by the fair; but they do get all giddy on the NFL draft day.
    Glad to hear the tumor (cheating and getting news from FB!) isn't a bad one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Setting aside your fear and allowing him to be a normal kid is the greatest gift. That way he gets to grow into a well adjusted adult!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cameron VSJ, sorry I haven't responded before now, ask away...if you would prefer to ask through email, just let me know and I'll give you my addy.

      Delete