Friday, August 3, 2012

Small Town Proud

I LOVE our small town!!  There, I said it!!  There have been times in my life where all I could think about was getting out of here!  [So glad I never let those voices win!!]  ;-)  Small towns give off a strength that I don't think one could ever find in a city.  That's just my opinion, so don't get all riled up on me.  *S*

My heart goes out to another family in our small town...all of our prayers are with them as this battle just keeps rearing it's ugly head.  I've seen so much outpouring of love for them, from not only people from our small town, but everywhere!  But it all started from our small town, as one person shared their story, and another person shared it!  The pay it forward factor here just makes my heart swell!!  We've been on the receiving end of this gesture, and still continue to be (THANK YOU!), and I can not speak for this family...only ours, when I say there are no words that can convey the appreciation one feels!  The Blessing, if you will, of knowing that so many people care! 

Cancer SUCKS, period!!  There is no pretty way to say it, and until there is a cure for all types, Prayers will be lifted!!  So please, lift those up that you know need it, and even those that don't...remember, we are all facing one trial or another.

I do have to share this one last thing, then I'm gonna call it a night (the past few days of waking up with the stomach in knots hasn't been very nice to my energy level)...Rhen overheard me on the phone today talking to Miss Carla (the lady who makes the infusion room of WVU Children's run so smooth!!) about an upcoming MRI that she mistakenly scheduled for this month (Dr. Paul had told him not until December when we had seen him back in early June), he informed me that if it was this month, he wasn't going.  I had to think quick on my feet here, because he was very adamant about this (I can't say as I blame him, the kid is MRI'ed out right now!) so I asked him if he thought that Dr. Paul would ever put him through something that he didn't think needed to be done?  He thought for a few seconds and then answered me with a soft, muffled 'No mom'.  I told him he wouldn't, and I know this in my heart!  Rhen then threw his arms around me, kissed my cheek, and said, 'Allright mom, if Dr. Paul says it has to be done, then I'll do it.  I won't like it, but I'll do it.'  Have I said lately how much I LOVE this kid!!!???!!

Until next time...Peace, <3 and ~HUGS~

No comments:

Post a Comment